Almond Milk Hot Chocolate
If you are looking for an alternative to hot cocoa this holiday season, this is just the recipe for you! This warm almond milk is full of all the spices that scream Christmas (without all the calories that make you want to scream!!). It's also dairy free and vegan!
- 350g of almonds (soaked for 6-8 hrs)
- 4 softened medjool dates (pitted)
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- seeds from ½ a vanilla pod
- ¼tsp ground cloves
- ¼tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼tsp ground allspice
- Drain and rinse soaked almonds
- Add almonds, dates, and 400mL of water to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add another 400mL of water and continue to blend until combined.
- Add the spices and continue to blend for approximately 5min.
- Once blended, squeeze mixture into a bowl through a Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag
- Make sure to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Transfer liquid to a saucepan and warm over low heat.
- Pour into mugs and enjoy!
Photo and recipe contributed by @lunches_by_lindsay