Christmas Almond Milk
This warm almond milk is full of all the spices that scream Christmas (without all the calories that make you want to scream!!). It's also dairy free and vegan!
- 3 cups of almonds (soaked for 6-8 hrs)
- 4 softened medjool dates (pitted)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Seeds from ½ a vanilla pod
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- Drain and rinse soaked almonds
- Add almonds, dates, and 400mL of water to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add another 400mL of water and continue to blend until combined.
- Add the spices and continue to blend for approximately 5min.
- Once blended, squeeze mixture into a bowl through a Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag
- Make sure to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Transfer liquid to a saucepan and warm over low heat.
- Pour into mugs and enjoy!
Photo and recipe contributed by @lunches_by_lindsay