Almond Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1/2c creamy almond butter
- 2tbsp homemade almond milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4c coconut sugar + more for rolling
- 1c almond flour
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 1/3c vegan chocolate chips
- 1tbsp almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond butter, coconut sugar, vanilla & almond milk until light and fluffy.
- Slowly mix in the almond flour, baking soda & salt.
- Using a cookie scoop, form dough into 12 balls (~ 1in thick) Roll each ball in coconut sugar and place on baking sheet
- Bake for 10mins until lightly golden.
- Gently press center of each cookie down with the back of a spoon right after coming out of the oven. Let cool on cooling rack before adding chocolate topping.
- While cooling, melt the chocolate topping ingredients together in the microwave at 30sec increments until just melted, stirring each time.
- Transfer the melted chocolate to a ziploc bag, cut a small piece of the corner off, and pipe chocolate into the center of each cookie. Let the chocolate set, and enjoy!
Recipe and image contributed by @wakeupandkale